Postby Cope » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Anyone here ever ride Cross Timbers?
Vic Dean
Northshore Trail Steward
Cross Timbers Trail Steward
Cope

Re: Poll for CT

Postby BEC » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:50 pm

I have not but my pre-stoke meter is rising. Plan on riding and camping once schedule allows.
BEC

Postby bandress » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:37 am

It's definitely on my to-ride list. Hoping to get up there soon.
There's more nonsense where that came from.
http://lifeandbike.com
bandress

Postby mcicableman » Mon May 08, 2017 6:58 am

I have hiked CT several times, never attempted to ride it. I have only ever seen one person riding the trail during my hikes, outnumbered by far by the hikers I see, especially boy scout troops.
mcicableman

Postby RangeRider » Tue May 09, 2017 7:50 am

Hiked CT hundreds of times. Started back in the 80's with Royal Ranger Outpost weekend hikes. Great times! I could hike it in the dark. Had to a few times looking for other groups lost hikers. Even "found" a sheriff's deputy on one hike and lead him back to the trail head - in the middle of the night.
Have not made the bike trip. My memory of some of the sections makes me know it is a long walk around some things.lol.. I am not in good riding shape at the moment either.
BUT, it is on my list of "go back and get this one done" rides. Make some new awesome memories.
Live Strong, Leave a Mark!
RangeRider

Postby Cope » Fri May 19, 2017 9:39 pm

You definitely have to be in shape to bike it. There are biking loops that go around the severely eroded hiking sections. But you still have to hike a bike on some climbs but you get to bomb down them coming back. Very fun and challenging trail. We've had groups of 12-16 mountain bikers riding it several times this year. And we've gone up with chain saws and worked 8 hour days clearing the damage from previous flood and storms. Yes, there aren't many bikers that go up there but there are some. It is a jewel. But most Dallas people won't go up there because it's a work out.

The few, the proud, the Cross Timbers Mountain bikers
Vic Dean
Northshore Trail Steward
Cross Timbers Trail Steward
Cope

Return to Cross Timbers