Home | Trails | Events | Forum | Sponsors | Contact

Ohio Alternative Help

Moderator: BOD

Ohio Alternative Help

Postby bueller » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:38 pm

I commute daily north and south on Ohio between George Bush and Tradition Trail. I've seen the sign and today received an email from Christina (the new Rene) at Plano that it will be down to one lane for about two weeks. One lane at 5pm in the afternoon is likely going to raise the pucker factor a bit north of tolerable. I've looked for alternates and the only one that seems somewhat suitable is to take Frankford east to Waterview, Waterview north across GB and the hang a left on Lotus Dr and follow bike routes to the north. When I drive I take Waterview/Independence home in the evenings and have seen some cyclists in that area so I know it can be done.

Any other thoughts on potential routes with a reduced pucker factor? Trying to keep the rubber on the road.

-bueller
bueller

Re: Ohio Alternative Help

Postby bergerandfries » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:34 am

Yep, I think you're good with that route. I've ridden it at 5pm rush and I was fine with it. At least not any worse than Ohio, IMHO.
"Well, that gives him a hobby"-Bugs Bunny as Merlin continues to take horse costumes off one after another.
bergerandfries

Re: Ohio Alternative Help

Postby romanze7 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 pm

romanze7

Return to The Commie Forum